Advocacy in action. This is a collaborative, member-driven effort to get development projects approved regionally and to get our members back to work!
PGL is a simple concept. BIA builders post projects needing government approvals, and BIA members that like PGL projects support those projects by writing letters or attending local government review meetings in person.
Approved projects can represent your next business opportunity and new jobs. Don’t wait. Sign up today.
The Poinsettia development will be considered by the Carlsbad City Council on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 6 p.m. in the City Council chamber.
Lennar will hold an informational meeting on Tuesday, February 21 at 11:30am (lunch provided) at the BIA Office.
|Poinsettia Development Highlights||HMP Impacts & Community Benefits|
|• State-of-the-Art Homes (E.I. Program & Solar)
• 123 Single Family Detached Homes (1,745 to 2,718 sqft)
• Much needed mid-level housing with estimated price points in the $700 to low 800K
• Next Gen – Home within a home designed especially for multi-generational families
• Energy efficient one & two story homes
• Two Neighborhood Parks plus Recreation Center
• On-site RV Storage (out of public view)
• Public Trail created along SDG&E easement
• Traffic Signal
• Poinsettia Lane Extension
• Open Space Preservation & Bridge to Allow Wildlife Crossings
|• For every 1 acre of development, preserving/restoring more than 2.2 acres
• Much needed traffic relief via Poinsettia Lane Extension
• Provides additional evacuation route in the event of another fire
• Support of NCA, Preserve Calavera, FOA, FOBV
Thank you Project Green Light volunteers, you did it again! On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 several members attended the Oceanside City Council meeting to show support for adding 38 homes within the mixed-use (residential/retail) area of the El Corazon Specific Plan and were successful in gaining city council approval!
Brian Rupp, Senior Vice President of Development for Shopoff Realty Investments commented on the BIA member support, “We knew we had the support from the council that we needed to get this across the finish line, but we had to show support from the community to counteract the opposition. This is where you all came in and delivered tremendously!”
BIA members can contact me at 949-302-4668 or via email at email@example.com.
Senior Vice President – Development
Shopoff Realty Investments, L.P.
2 Park Plaza, Suite 700, Irvine, CA 92614
Note: Project Green Light is a member volunteer effort. BIA works exclusively on broad policy issues affecting the building industry and does not advocate for specific projects.